View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
Three Dawg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
In the Kruger proper you have to stay on the tarmac, but there's still plenty to see- hippos, Jackals, hyenas and these big fellers...

Back at the Rissington we spent a very enjoyable evening with the owner and some of his friends. The two young lads are English and were on their gap year. One had just finished at Sherbourne (posh private school) and the other had just left Harrow (super posh private school) I still managed to beat them to solving a puzzle on the bar, so one up to Egglescliffe Comprehensive, HA!

Chris, the owner (striped shirt with the money) was educated at Charterhouse (or Winchester, I forget), and I was beginning to get an inferiority complex. Fortunately I was also quite drunk (thanks to Humphrey, the smooth talking devil on the right) by the time I took this photo so I wasn't dwelling on my less glamorous education. Chris writes extensively for newspapers especially regarding Mpumalanga and is very knowlegable about the area.

The next day we ditched (not literally) the horrible Hyundai and jumped back on the bike for Swaziland.

Three Dawg screwed with this post 02-01-2010 at 10:04 AM
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote