View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #24
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
The Santa Rosalia ferry turned out to be quite the clown show, though my sense of humor was strained by the time it was over. We were told to be at the docks at midnight on Tuesday, (to catch the ferry that was scheduled to leave at 9 AM Tuesday), for a 1 AM departure Wednesday. The ferry arrived sometime after 2 AM. There were a couple of semi-trailers parking everyone on the trailer in, so we waited another two hours for the trucks to arrive and remove the trailers from the ferry. Eventually we got out of port around 5:15 AM.

Pretty smooth sailing, (No, I didn't lose that lunch. Although it had been long enough since I had eaten, I wouldn't have lost much anyway!).

When we got to Guaymas, I found that I was the only vehicle that had been parked in by a tandem semi-trailer. They told me the truck to move it would be here in an hour and a half. I was kinda pissed, as there was plenty of room on that ferry to have parked my bike somewhere else. Just lucky I guess.

I watched the other passengers and cars get checked out by the drug sniffing doggies while I waited for the truck and pondered the inequities of life.

Eventually the truck showed up and I was on my way to San Carlos.

miguelito screwed with this post 05-26-2010 at 08:39 AM
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote