View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Thumbs down Flyride 2-2. Lily's flown. I'm back on my own for a week.

Weather turned nasty. I was able to use the day for reorganizing, replanning due to the bad weather & do some bike Maintenance. A big thanks to my buddy & fellow ADVer Az Mike who lives in Phoenix. I was able to get some stuff delivered to his place and he helped me get it on the bike. I didn't realise how long it would all take. The Idea was to get that done & take him out for dinner, but the last part never worked out so I owe him. It was fun though working together in his awsome garage. New centerstand, Givi tailcase, front sprocket & an oilchange. Thanks a ton Mike.
It was getting late at that point & off I went into the wild bl..ack yonder with major wind as I've never experienced before. Thought the bike was going to blow right out from under me. Also had to dodge all the tumble weeds tumbling across the road. Stopped for the nite in Appache Junction.
The weather to the north was very bad, cold & snow. So afterchecking areas, (Great having a laptop along for checking weather & planning), best area was southeast & down to Tucson. Sort of unfortunately, where I had already been last week. There were still alot of areas/places of interest however that i really did still want to see & do so I had my plan.
First stop Boyce Thompson Arboretum. Beautiful!

I took a dual sport route to and across this cool dam. I'm pretty sure I recognised it as the damn in the movie
"The Mexican" with Salma Hayak & Brad Pitt.

This pic I took for Lily she loves frosty. See my new Givi tailcase?
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)

Rockin Rollin screwed with this post 03-09-2010 at 04:21 PM
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote