View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #33
BARB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S
$10 each? Gotta do better than that.
Barb, questions some may want answers to. Can you, to the best of your knowledge, answer these?

You sure that site is secure?

Is a percentage taken by Paypal and credit card companies?

If yes to the above, which would take less?

Can we give cash straight to you & save that percentage that they might take?

If we can't raise enough, approximately $3K as I understand it, to send Hacky South to Cali & back, will we get a refund?
(We damn well better raise enough!)

And most importantly........
Will Hacky spend most of it on hookers & blow or just spend most of it foolishly?

Will Hacky share the hookers & blow?
1-Yes, it is secure. It is a just a donate button on the Alaska Leather website under the category "HackyMoto"

2-The percentage is between 3 and 4 percent depending on which credit card. Debit cards are cheapest. Paypal is the easiest to refund. I will pay the percentage because I won't keep a total of anything but the amount donated.

3-It is far easier to keep track of money online, rather than in pocket. We'll have a list of who and how much. Hacky can then thank the right people and if he can't go-it's the best (and easiest) way to refund.

4-I know we'll get enough to send him. It's a small amount and if we can't raise enough, I am sure he can scrape up the remainder. And like I mentioned in the last paragraph-we'll refund money if he doesn't go.

5-Hookers and blow are not for sharing any more. The 80's are gone, Tom.

6-Some people can't afford more than $10.00, small amounts add up.