View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #84
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Vern
Managed to get away from the desk yesterday...

Here's was I could see.

Lot's of snow on the South Pass of Saline Valley RD. Hunter MTN looked buried. Racetrack is about 1/3 lake with some bits of snow on the rock at the North end, however, there were two trucks out there driving around so the road looks workable.

Lippencott appeared to have some big ruts, but it's hard to tell from altitude.

Cerro Gordo, covered in snow and the North Pass will be buried for some time (I'm sure River Rat will make it in though )

Good amount of snow on the El Paso's in the South. Manson cabin is snow free, but it was sad to see it without a roof for the first time since the fire.

Middle of 190 heading through Panamint valley is surrounded by a lake.

Indian Springs RD heading up from Ballarat looked in good shape.

Apparently ol' Phil the Ground Hog declared 6 more weeks of winter....

Hope it melts in time for the March noob ride
Thanks for the report. I hope to ride DV weekend of Feb 12th but haven't finalized anything yet.

Any idea how the road looks between Crankshaft Junction and Eureka Dunes and Steele Pass? Thats where I want to ride. I'm hoping to ride a loop starting at Ubehebe Crater to Lippencott to Warm Springs to Steel Pass to Eureka Dunes to Crankshaft Junction and then back to Eureka Dunes.

I'll have to haul the bikes to the crater to make that loop without running out of gas. I might alter the route if my buddy decides to come with his R1200GS. He wouldn't be able to ride Steele Pass on the big GS based on the reports I have gotten of the big adventure bikes attempting Steele Pass.

I think there will be lots of riders, both on and off road riders, heading to DV this month so the "snow report" is very important to a lot of us.

Thanks again Vern and keep the reports coming if you can.