Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #68
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy
US Dept of State has a travel alert. They must post these for no reason whatsoever.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...a/pa_4491.html

Did I ever say I wouldn't go back or that there was rampant violence against Americans?

I love Mexico and it's people. IMO, I just think it's not safe right now. If you disagree, that's cool.
In NM, we get constant reports of the state of affairs in Columbus, Palomas, Juarez, and anything regarding the border. The violence is ratcheting up and you would be hard pressed to find anyone around here that will disagree with that. If you don't believe me, go to Pancho's in Palomas and hang out for a nice quiet evening. Ask the police chief of Columbus, NM. Oh yeah, they can't find one anymore.
The thread title is "Is Mexico Safe?" Do you want everyone to chime in and say, "yes"? Why the question in the first place?
I could ask, "Is Detroit Safe" and get some widely varied opinions as well.
See this is a discussion board and that is how you get different views even though we may not all agree on those views. Chill out, don't be mis-quoting me or getting yourself worked into a lather about it!
That's because you don't know what you're talking about. By all means, stay out of Mexico and leave all the risk to me! I'm going back just as soon as I can string 5-6 days together. I live in the world capitol of meth production and can't wait to get away from these crazy people and go somewhere safe and warm to relax.

I'm still waiting on some reports of non-drug violence against Americans to make me believe it's not safe. Do you have any? And what about the answer to my most basic questions that you keep avoiding with all your "don't get worked into a lather" shit?

Answer this: Since there's gang-related violence in Compton and Watts, should I stay out of Wyoming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
TemeculaRider is offline   Reply With Quote