View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #98
JediMaster
Adam Lewis

Oddometer: 333
Moving on...

Hi Mezo

Really sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I've watched your DR build from afar and when I decided to swap my F650 for a DR back in October you offered sound info.

Its funny how it sometimes takes something really bad to happen before something really good happens.
I'd talked about doing a big trip for 15 years but was always 'doing something else'. In 2003 both my parents died of cancer 5 months apart aged 65 & 69 - neither smoke or drank.
It was the kick up the arse I needed and after finishing renovating my house, planning, preparing and saving for a RTW trip I finaly rode away from England in March 2006. Next month will see my 4th year on the road and what an experience it continues to be.

The Aussie people make Oz a particularly special place to ride and I'm sure plenty of offers like that from DRJoe will come flooding in.

Forget about this being the end and think about it being the beginning. Keep your sense of humour (it appeals to me), get on your bike and open your mind to the next opportunity that will surely come your way.

I wish you the very best

Adam
http://shortwayround.co.uk

ShortWayRound/Facebook

ShortWayRound Smugmug Gallery

Trails of North America...a photo journal

Trails of South America (PtI)... a photo journal

"The brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all" - unknown philosopher
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote