View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
Pelicanglider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
OK. I'm on beer #4 and my team is paying in the Superbowl tomorrow (WHO DAT!!). I've got a 1977 R100S and a few months ago I thought, "I own too much and I need to unload some things". The first thing I thought I might get rid of was my BMW. So I put it on eBay and it didn't get what I thought it should. That was just a few months ago, and man, am I glad it didn't sell. I brought it up the Smokies with me last November and I had great time riding it. After 250 miles in the mountains, I was pulling into the driveway of our cabin I hit a patch leaves and lost the front tire. Cracked the fairing and the valve cover so dissassembly to repair the damage and rediscovered the elegant simplicity of these machines. All I can say is I am so glad nobody offered enoough money to part with this bike. It is repaired now and looks better than it did before and I'm making plans to ride it to the Barber Vintage Fest in October!

Harleys are all American and I fully understand wanting to experience the American motorcycle. But I suggest you don't sell your Airhead to do it. Eaglerider is a great way to make sure before you make a final decision.

GO SAINTS GO!!! WHO DAT!! WAAAHOOO!!!
Pelicanglider is offline   Reply With Quote