View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Krusty ... OP
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,592
DR650SE information index- what say ye?

UPDATE: Rather than try to dissect and mine the DR650 mega-thread, I've started a few threads, each devoted to a different category. Sort of a file cabinet. Everyone is encouraged to add useful content to these threads.

DR650SE INFORMATION THREAD LIST
Topic #1- CONTROLS/INSTRUMENTATION
Topic #2- SEATS
Topic #3- CRASH PROTECTION
Topic #4- SUSPENSION/CHASSIS
Topic #5- BRAKES
Topic #6- TIRES, TUBES & WHEELS
Topic #7- BODYWORK/WINDSCREENS
Topic #8- FUEL
Topic #9- ELECTRICAL/LIGHTING
Topic #10-CARBURETOR/INTAKE
Topic #11-EXHAUST
Topic #12-ENGINE/CHAINS & SPROCKETS
Topic #13-PROBLEMS/FAILURES
Topic #14-LUGGAGE & RACKS/ACCESSORIES
Topic #15-LINKS, WRITE-UPS, & PICTORIALS

[Or, we could call it "'The DR650 Thread' Thread"...]

At over 31,500+ replies, "The DR650 Thread" is a little daunting, particularly for new DR owners, or those thinking of getting one.

On one hand, most of The DR650 Thread "regulars" are a helpful bunch, and nobody really seems to mind answering the same questions again and again.

On the other hand, there's a lot of information in there- how to posts-complete with pics, upgrades, ideas, etc. Sometimes, easily finding what you need in there can be a little frustrating.

I have some ideas for putting together an information index, primarily culled from posts in The DR650 Thread, but certainly not limited to that one source. I don't mind putting in some time to organize it [provided a few (dozen?) members will also step up and help mine the data], but before I even look down that road, I'd like to hear from the DR650 crowd...

Do we even need this?

Krusty ... screwed with this post 11-27-2010 at 01:00 PM
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote