View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #122
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
if true... wondering if they are making the RFS 450 more reliable and adding tanks or breaking out the 05 400 (660) rallye.. probably the former .. wonder also if Coma has a "no cheat" clause?? No word on him and tyregate... guess he did the deed huh?
The RFS engine has not been 'current' for a couple of years now, it's the XC4 that is in the current EXC range (which has, amongst other things twin oil chambers and thus even less capacity)... I understand that some riders of the current 450/530 bikes drill the crank cases to allow the oil to circulate better - but I still think they will need a cooler/aux oil tank to improve capacity?

As for using a sleeved down version of the old LC4 engined bikes? Never! I double they would even sleeve a 690 engine to be honest - the bike is physically far larger than it needs to be to compete with the other 450cc class machines?

I envisage something along the lines of a Meca'system style 450, but perhaps with a one-piece rear tank/seat/subframe a la the 690RRs?

J xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote