Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
UncleHowie
Dances with Buffalo

Oddometer: 405
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE
Quick question:

I own an 08RT with the standard seat and add when necessary an airhawk and alaska sheepskin by themselves or a combination of the two depending on the distance I travel and still get a sore butt after about 300+ miles.

It sounds like these would help, just curious if they replace the need for the airhawk/sheepskin?

I've been thinking of dropping the big coin on a Russell Day Long....

Any and all input will be appreciated!

THANKS,
On the surface, $45 underwear and a $500 seat seem pricey. That said, I think they're worth every penny!

IMHO, the LDComfort will definitely help. They probably won't replace your need for the Airhawk or sheepskin- that's asking the shorts to overcome all of your seat's shortcomings- not entirely reasonable.

I wear the LDComfort regularly. With my Russell (leather top) I can ride all day (a little over 800 miles is my longest day, but 500 miles is more typical) and not get a sore butt. I no longer find much need to shift around in the seat, and I never have to switch weight between cheeks to get relief from a sore rear any more.

I can get tired, stiff, etc.- but my butt won't be sore!

Both of these products have worked well for me. Based on my experience, I would recommend them to anybody!

UncleHowie screwed with this post 02-12-2010 at 11:56 AM
UncleHowie is offline   Reply With Quote