View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
picoda OP
Dalmatia

Oddometer: 221
Sahara - part one

From Douz we are going on a tour of the surrounding villages. Part on the road, part in the desert.

Warming up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oljx2vObYO4

Ups...

Let's go to the dunes...

Ups, again...

Flight over the steering and broken windshield..

We must do something with this windshield now, so we going to the small place called Zafrane...

...final touch...

...Ta-na-na-na...

"Designed by Zafrane"

Back to the desert...

Ok, we are going from Douz to Ksar Ghilane just now. If we make it, we will sleep there, if not, we will sleep in the desert...

First you can see traces and later they were less and less..

Everything was as it should be until we come deeper into the desert. After IvanĘs jump over one dune, I heard plastic cracking. The plate and bikes rear end, resting on the tire. It is not good, probably the shock absorber. No, it is not. The entire rear end hanging. Thats good, frame is broken. Why do I say, it is good. I learned one thing in Africa. When you have some bike failure, the best that can hapend is anything related to iron. Here there are always a hundred welding machine per square kilometer. Take of Ivans top case, lets see the situation.

As you can see from the color of the break point it was cracked before. As I supposed. Anyone who knows what Ivan do with his bike could expect something like this before. Ivan in his topcase never have less than 20 kilos. And this topcase carrier is an ideal lever. So, we're not surprised. This image was made after we raised the rear of the bike.

Small down part of the frame is still not broken all, so we will go back slowly. Very slowly.

His topcase is behind me. Believe me, it is not easy to drive deep sand with something on the back of my bike. Interesting experience.

Very nice...

...and interesting.

First free welding man is ours. We have chosen older one.

Ok, lets do it...First on the one side...

...litlle bit on the other...

And here it is. Easier than the tire change. If they see this work in the Yamaha would take this duo in Japan.

"The Mean Machine" is in the game again...

Tea time for our expert...

...and for us.

More bikes...

Ok, I know whats the problem. We are too light, so my friend has too much space for jumping arround. Tomorow, we are going overloaded. Thats the formula. What do you think?

"Oh, my new wheel! Everybody will look at me tonight. All womens will be mine."

We need some petrol for tomorow...

This is only motorcycle we see in Tunisia so far. He must be soon of the city mayor...

Dinner. Top chef...

Tomorow is D day. No, no, S day. Sahara - new attack.

...next...Sahara - part two
picoda is offline   Reply With Quote