View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #158
hookeniggy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Dakar lady's in 2011

So i got the oppurtunity to have a chat with this charming young lady today, Mirjam Pol, about her last years dakar and their future plans.
Mirjam was competing with Anny Seel for top rankings in the lady's class last year until some severe injury's forced her to drop out.
She told me she's getting ready for the African Dakar for 2011, and liked it more because its more sandy in Africa, and of course, boys and girls from Holland, and probably Belgium (Frans Verhoeven, spare Begium as we say) and Sweden (Anny Seel), love deep sand, because thats what they're used to, so she's really looking forward for Africa, and having her paperwork send in before June 4th to ASO, I asked them about the 450 rule for 2011, so her teammanager of Honda Dakar Europe told me amateurs would still be allowed to compete on bigger bikes, at least 690's and if a couple years old large displacement twins as well, they told me ASO really want amateurs to keep the true Dakar myth alive, so we we're shooting the shit for probably 40 minutes, and boy, what a friendly down to earth lady she is.
So anyone who's got some more info about our Dakargirls,
think its time to give these brave lady's the coverage they deserve.
Attached Images