View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #68
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,494
so after maybe 5 days camped out at Duke of Orleans Bay, it was finally time to move on...

i'd stayed longer than i had planned, and as much as i had had a fantastic time, and wouldn't trade it for the world, i was now "running late"..........

So i awoke on this fatefull "leave" morning... packed... and then had the big "pancake" breakfast... lordy me that was good.. but by 9:30am, there was no more hiding the fact...i was about to leave..

after 5 or 6 days (i could work it out if i really wanted too) it was well past time to bugger off...

so after pancakes, the farewells happened..and i was...

yeah, you know it...

"Gone..

off thru "Cape Le Grand" National Park..
past "Frenchmans Peak"...

and on thru the rest of the National Park...

really had some spectacular beaches... kinda thought i was up in the Whitsundays....

quite amazing how blue the water was down this far south....

really was spectacular...

So after leaving "Cape Le Grand" National Park, i headed into Esperance...

Time for some email's, lunch, ADV updates etc..... oh and bought a book...cos i though i might need it "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse... not sure why, but just mosseyed into a bookshop in Esperance and picked it up...

then it was off again..

ducked down into Stokes Inlet....

not too much in there, came back out, and on the way out, got a Bee/Wasp down the sleeve of my jacket... and of course it started bitin.....

biatch!!

anyway, it was as itchy as hell for a few hours, but i survived

so i buggered off across the South Coast Highway, and then down to Hopetoun...

Hopetoun provided some take away beers (from a barmaid that apparentely had "the same helmet as me".......)
and some fresh meat etc...

then it was hightail time off into the "Fitzgerald River National Park"..

apparently its a really high value conservation area.. (even read the odd term "biosphere" about this place)

so anyway, it was late arvo, the climb up out of Hopetoun was pretty spectacular..

after the climb up, it was almost time to think about where to camp...

figured i still had a way to go before i found camp...

finally, cutting down towards Fitzgerald Inlet, it looked like i'd find a place to camp... which was good, as it was getting late in the arvo..

so i wound down and hit Fitzgerald Inlet....

and decided, given it was almost sunset, that this would do as a spot to stay the night...........

GoneAgain screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 03:34 AM
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote