View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #74
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingavanti
A BIG bird!
So that's what they call those little midget ostriches? I was wondering. We've seen (and almost run over) a few of those on Tierra del Fuego. Those little guys are FAST! We've also seen what appear to be GIANT quails. Can anyone tell me what those are called?

Anyway, we made it to Ushuaia (photos coming soon) and plan to stay here for a few more days before turning north (!?!?) via ruta 40. My rear shock is leaking oil badly despite being "rebuilt" in buenos aires, one of my companions is direly in need of a rear tire, and another of our group is waiting for a replacement alternator rotor 500 miles north of here after his omega failed quite decisively (wires actually sticking out of the rotor!!). We'll probably backtrack to Rio Gallegos and see what can be had there before heading west (and then north again). It's going to feel weird actually heading TOWARD home again rather than farther away from it.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote