View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #54
Studly Adventurer
RC3094's Avatar
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia - land of inattentive drivers
Oddometer: 521
Originally Posted by Gotlabs
Anything over 150sqft needs a permit. If I have to get a 10x14, it should be fine getting into the place. If I go with a metal building, I'm leaning towards 20x20ish. Something in that neighborhood if it's site built.
It's the same here regarding a permit over 150 sq/ft but there is some sort of exemption for pre-built structures from what my neighbor told me about talking with the county building/zoning. He bought his from Capitol Sheds and they have quite a few locations from Warrenton to Richmond.

If you have the tools, stick building is usually cheaper but it takes longer, unless you have a barn raising party......Inmates will work for beer!
RC3094 is offline   Reply With Quote