View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #89
angryasianguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Wanted: CB360 or CB350 engine

Good evening to all!

I have been working on a cb360 for quite some time (my first and only bike actually) and have been having some engine trouble. Alas, the engine has seized up completely. Now, I am not a gearhead. This particular bike has been quite an up-and-down experience (mostly down), and most of my motorcycle time has been spent as a failing ADVMechanic instead of being a beginning ADVRider. With the engine now toast, I am not looking forward to tearing apart the engine for the third time to determine what went wrong, maybe fix the issue, and hope that my next riding season will fair better than the 500 miles I got on it so far. What I really want to do is ride this season.

So this is what I am looking for:

A CB360 or CB350 complete engine (Preferably a running engine as I REALLY do not want to wrench the insides for quite some time, but I know its a longshot)

-or-

Suggestions for potentially putting a "newer" air-cooled engine into the old girl's chassis. I have seen a ninja 250 engine in the frame, but it was fugly, and I think that if it ever fell over the radiator would break instantly. Could a Rebel 250 engine work? What about a dirt bike engine? I would like to stay on the lower cc division if possible.

Now, I am sure some of you out there would suggest for me to go out and buy the new TU250. While that looks like an awesome choice for a beginning rider, I have a painful fondness for the old 360 (I named her Christine, which could be why I am having such a problem as it is).

Thank you all in advance for your help, and I look forward to this year's adventures (perhaps I will be able to do my own... )

Lee
angryasianguy is offline   Reply With Quote