View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
mtncrawler OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67
loved the report, and the fact that you rode straight out into a snow storm. Cool pics, never enough, post more :) and good writing style, easy to read. More :)

Good idea to review the gear you wore as well
Thanks CW
I appreciate the feedback about the read - glad you enjoyed. Yes, never too many pics as I found out!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodanja
I can relate with you riding on snow and ice and I felt the tension that you must have felt while reading your report.

My wife and I went down on a snow/ice covered country road a couple years ago. Full ATGATT so no injuries. The bike was brand new and I remember seeing it spin a couple of 360's on the head thinking it was going to be toast, but the head guard did it's job (as well as the OEM Panniers.) The bike was still running on its side and after quickly checking with my wife, I ran over and hit the kill switch.

Glad you made it home safely!
Appreciate the concern Kodanja! Yeah, it was great to make it home - it was pretty nerve racking as you well know. Glad you could feel that coming out in the writing. Glad you and your wife had a similar outcome - actually, mine was still running too and had to hit the kill switch.

BTW - just read your BAJA TR - Can you tell where I'm thinking next.. Maybe a week or two solo in late March/April. Great photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest_fire1
Can you say, ADVENTURE!

Thanks for the report!
Looking forward to more
Thanks FF - I'M looking forward to more too!
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote