Wow, what a beautiful day to work on the bike!
I went out to the shop with the kids and got the final mounts removed in preparation for the engine removal. Once I had it ready I called Beemer Pat- he was going to help me get the engine from the frame to the Jeep to the car wash and then to the bench.
After a few final grunts we got it out (balanced on the floor jack) -
We heaved it into the back of the Jeep and headed for the car wash. This right before we lifted it out and sat it on Pat's tall milk crate -
Pat got the initial honors -
Then we soaked it for a bit with Gunk & tire cleaner -
I was a scrubbin' fool (the temp was dropping rapidly) -
Then the massive pressure washing campaign began. Pat took these pics -
A little here....
a little under there...
I was soaked, cold and happy with the progress -
We put the engine back in the Jeep and headed to the shop.
What have I gotten myself into!
We got the engine out of the Jeep, onto the floor jack and moved it across the shop to the bench -
Tomorrow I begin the teardown -
Thanks for all of your help today Pat!