View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #61
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by LndCrsr
Thanks MotoBoss! That is really awesome!
My '98 has less than 7k on it. I purchased it used w/2.4k but, it should have more miles on it by now...
I hope that the bike and I last long enough to get those kind of miles!
If you're watching, I'd love more details....

Cheers,

Pretty much the same story. I bought it with about 54K then just started riding. I try to ride as much and often as possible but the winter stuff has gotten to be a drag so I ride when the streets are clear.
The motor has been freshened with gaskets, piston and the doo several years ago. With just simple maintenance and quality oil these things run forever. I've been fortunate to not have any major mis-haps (accidents) but the old boy shows his age in character marks. I have all the usual farkels you'd expect but most are creature comfort things and I tend to stay with the modest parts that work well for me.
I believe in using quality parts with regular maintenance and the ride with reasonable expectations of the motorcycle. If I wanna trash something I've got dirt bikes for that. If I wanna go fast I have track bikes for that. If I wanna ride to work and play in the National Forrest on the way home I have got the KLR for that. The fun and joy I have gotten out of the KLR far exceeds the amount of any money ever put out.

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote