Thread: ORGS build up
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3300
Airhead Wrangler, thanks for the offer. I did a fair amount of research for the frame mods, but will certainly welcome any more info or comments I can get.

Something I forgot to mention the other day in my list up of things for this bike is that it must look cool. I can see that costing some money, but for the effort that will go into it I want this thing to look good.

I got up early Saturday planning to get all the gusset welding done, but it went slower than I thought with fitting the gussets, cleaning the joining parts, grinding tungsten, etc. and I could just finish tack welding all the gussets in place by late Saturday night.

It was hard to get the top tube gussets clamped for tacking, but I found that masking tape worked well.

I got up early again on Sunday, thinking I was living the movie 'Ground Hog Day' but could get all the gussets welded up.

I plan to use an EnDuraLast charging system, so made up some brackets to mount the regulator along the top tube.

I am satisfied with the results of the weekend. After two days of serious welding I can certainly say my TIG welding skills have improved.

-x3300
There. That's better.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote