View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #92
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,957
Thumb multiple rating system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
You are EXACTLY who I am going to aim this report at. Stay tuned. As I start to break down this report into individual actual routes I'm going to give my opinion on what is required skill and bike wise to enjoy the various routes. I'll be sure to add "two up" friendliness.

I'm going to try and give the perspective for a "non-Colorado rider" as opposed to say a "Neduro".
A non-Colorado rider would crap their pants on a big bike on Black Bear Pass for example.
Neduro would wheelie up and down it without giving it a second thought.
I'll see if I can come up with a way to rate the various routes so that everyone can judge for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
I've been trying to decide how to rate a Pass's difficulty? I've had many different ideas but none seem to be a "best solution". Perhaps the easiest might be a simple scale of 1 to 4... I am open to suggestions? Then there is the issue of some routes being inconsistent... Black Bear might only be a 2 for most of it but could be a 3 or 4 for about 150 yards of it.

Then there is an issue of what I find easy someone else might find hard or vice versa...
i think you've just mentioned your rating system, in some way. one rating system isn't going to work for everything, and everyone. do a triple rating... ie: rate it on a 1-5 scale (or 1-10) for three categories of riders: average joe, neduro, and 2up. give each pass or route three scores, one for each group. each person reading it will quickly get the drift, and be able to figure out how they want to read the score for themselves, from the information from the three.?

call it the trinity scoring system, or something.