View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #164
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrosity
Hey Pasta,

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for these race reports. You have an uncanny way of staying humble with just the right mix of enthusiasm and self deprecation. I hope you remember this as you continue to get better as a rider.

There is nothing more refreshing around these parts than someone who openly recognizes what they don't know rather than spouting off about what they do know.

I appreciate the opportunity to live vicariously through you and wish you the best of luck in all your racing endeavors. I hope one day to get out and do some of these kinds of races myself. I hope I find someone as willing to pull me along in all my slowness as you found in Mike.

Thanks again and it sounds like you are having a blast!
thanks man!

There are a few things I have learned in life;

I know there is a famous saying that goes something to the effect of; the only knowledge is knowing you know nothing

and (especially in motorcycling....) there is ALWAYS going to be someone wayyyy better than you.

also, you have to be able to make fun of yourself - there's no reason to go through life taking things that seriously so yes I do try and balance these things.

im just excited that people are interested in reading about it. Ill continue to post about and make videos as long as people are interested in watching.

definitely give the racing a try sometime!! when you do, go about it just as I have - find someone that has been doing it for a long time and take all the advice you can and dont forget to wear armor!!

almost none of the guys I race with wear it, but screw that! if yer new, yer gunna crash. I haven't had any bad ones (yet) but im sure as I get faster, they will be "in the mail".

its good fun and it really makes you learn what kind of a rider you are. I have seen myself be transformed in just a few races and training sessions. What does that make me?

Still pretty dammed slow

BUT, Im getting better!

and thats the point.

when you start up, make sure to post it so that we can watch too!!

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote