View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #52
HWSNBN
Banned

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
One last thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the KTMs weigh more than the BMW? Even with all its whizz bang electronics? And don't the KTMs have WAY more plastic? They're fully faired for Dog's sake...

Without all that plastic maintenance would be much simpler . . .
Well, I don't want to get into a KTM vs. BMW thing here man, thats a forever unresolved issue here ya know.

BUT, I was hoping that the F800 didn't come in at a full metric ton like the KTM and 12GS. I was wanting something lighter with decent boingers out of the box and definitely without a crapload of whizbang to break out in the middle of Mexico and leave me stranded. Nearly the perfect bike I had thought until I saw it was a another pig made more to look the part than be the part imho.

About the plastic, I've let my KTM rest on its side a couple times and only managed to break a turn signal. Mostly what you see on them are the two giant fuel tanks on either side, nothing else is really in harms way...but I'm with ya. It'd be better imho if fuel was located traditionally and there was a minimum of plastic geegaw simply for the sake of kewl styling.
HWSNBN is offline   Reply With Quote