Got around to doing some more little things on the bike. Put the new gasket on the case cover in hopes that it stops leaking oil. I'm not sure if I did it right but I used a razor to clean off the gunk, then sanded using 400 grit to clean the surface, and finally hit the surface up with some MAF cleaner (leaves no residue supposedly) to take the grease off. Then slabbed some Yamabond 5 on the case and cover metal, and slipped the gasket on. Finally, I finger tightened the case down for drying overnight. The yamabond 5 was liquid instead of thicker/gel like that I've used before. It seemed a bit thin but that's what the dealership suggested and it was very sticky.
Cleaned up a bit:
Also, got pictures of the before/after for the XT footpegs. (Don't know how to rotate but the left peg was caused by frame damage, the right peg itself is bent and I'll have to replace or maybe torch later.)
And about 5 minutes ago I found some new friends!