View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #92
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder
I'm still confused about what happened. How did you bend the rims if your tires were fully inflated and you never hit any bumps and you never bottomed out the suspension? There must have been a precipitating event otherwise your bike would have just continued to melt into a puddle on your garage floor, right?

Put a zip tie on your front fork to check for suspension bottoming when you get your tires back. I mean no offense by asking, but are you a very large guy? Something has to explain this. Could the rims have been like that since you picked it up and you never noticed?
No, he's not a big guy. At least he's smaller than me!

He said back in an earlier post that he hit some ruts, just nothing he thought would have been hard enough to cause this kind of damage.

I tend to agree with whoever it was that suggested that some wheels are apparently not being built right or have soft rims. There are a lot of folks who have beaten their wheels with no dents and more than just one or two with rims that have bent/dented when they shouldn't have.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote