View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
ganshert OP
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee
The different color is because this is a different plastic from the subframe now. On the first year they were the same color. Husaberg/KTM changed it so the plastic would not outgas so they could meet emissions standards in Calif.
I read that too but I thought it was a different formula of the same plastic. Some even said it was a coating but that doesn't seem right as it's the same color inside and out.

Quote:
Also not that Aqualine now provides two aux. tanks. One is a front tank that replaces the shrouds around the stock tank. One is a rear saddle tank. Between the Aqualine tanks, the 70 Deg. Racing tank, and the stock tank you get almost 8 gallons of capacity, and you can mix/match as you need for different riding. I intend to get the 70 Deg. Racing tank first, then the saddle tank. Maybe later the front tank.
The Aqualine tanks aren't even an option (for me) because of the price. Plus I only want about 3+ gallons anyway.

Quote:
The one thing I don't like about the plastic subframe is that it is plastic. If I ever have to tow someone I can attach to it - I would probably tear it off the bike. Not sure how I can a tow strap/line into and around the main frame either. I'll have to think about that.
I never tow using the subframe. Always from the footpeg.

Quote:
That was one of the surprises when I first rode it home from the dealer - you just have to barely think about turning and the bike turns. It can surprise you because it does it before you expect it. The downside is that the bike is a bit 'twitchy above 50MPH on the pavement and increases as you go faster. Now mine has the 19 deg. offset and I think yours has the 22 deg. offset, so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on that. I put a damper on for off-road riding anyway and leave it on the slowest setting for street and that removed any twitchiness anytime on pavement, indeed, it is maybe a bit too much until you get used to it. I then tweak it a bit up when I hit the trails depending on where I am riding
I saw that they changed the offset for 2010. I've never ridden an 09 but I'll let you know how mine compares to other bikes. I never felt the need for a damper on the 250 but put one on my XR650R almost immediately.

Quote:
I've heard people mention this, but I have about 800 miles on my bike and no problems yet.
I think it takes a while for the cam chain to loosen up but I think by 800 miles it aught to be as loose as it's gonna get. Anybody out there have any experience with KTM cam chain noise and when it showed up?
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote