View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #60
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday
How much did you pay for the place in PE for a month? Was it easy to find a place for a month ?

Thanks Blair.
Hi Blair. I spent $750 US for a months rental on this place which is basically a one bedroom, very pleasant casita in a quiet, upscale section of town. I was looking at Craigslist last night for places for rent in Ciudad Oaxaca and San Cristobal and saw some similar prices for 2 and 3 BR houses. A lot of the snowbirds are clearing out of here about now, and some surfers are replacing them as the waves improve a bit here in the spring. The "downturn" in the economy has hit Mexico's tourism industry in general as well, and fewer Americans and Europeans are coming here. Sooo... I think the chances of finding a place here for a reasonable price are excellent. I found this place simply by asking the owners of the hotel I spent my first night here if they knew anybody with an apt. or house for rent. They turned me on to three different options within a block of their place ranging from about $350 to $800/month.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote