View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #120
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
Usually when I hear tales of woe like Joe's I chalk it up to the poster being a dick and getting his just deserts. However, I know Joe and that's not the case with him. He's just been screwed. Part of it I think was due to his bike being one of the first that failed so there was no precedent. Anyone who took a failed rear wheel bearing to a dealer today would be almost certain to have it covered under warranty.
Thanks Scott, though I am kind of a dick... just not to dealerships when in person.

I was among the first to report most of these problems so you're right, there's was no precedence set, and what you said makes sense.
Too bad for me, it sucks because I feel my hard work "contribution" with my RR Photo's and stories of the GS surly helped BMW GS sales. Only to be screwed around for pennies in the big picture by the company I've helped and given my business to for many years.

Potential customers reading mine and others comments, and seeing photo's of these failures and subsequent poor dealer/manufacture support might make a difference in sales considering the extremely high cost of a BMW... Is it worth it for BMW to save a buck here or there on bearings, or other cheap parts?

While we are in the minority with having problems with the 800GS, I'm not making it up, and if I was in the market for a "ultimate" adventure bike and read all of these negative stories it would make me look at other brands a little harder since I'm usually the one in ten to get the lemon - as we see here.

I'd imagine by 2011 or 2012 they will have the bugs and QC of their Chinese parts under better control and the 8GS will be a solid performer...

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote