View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Thanks for all your support!

Would love to have a beer with you (though Im not supposed to ). Im flying in and out of LAX transferring flights to and from Vegas on the 15th and 20th April. I only have 3 hours between transfers and I heard LAX is big so probably wonŽt be able to make it this time.

But if you can get your ass onto a plane and come to Lima, IŽll put you up for a few nights, take you desert riding on the spare bike and get you a pint

Yeppers, I got those; that Leatt neck brace is a life saver! One question though: I see these rally type riders all toting these fancy looking riding suits with built in camelbacks etc etc. Where to they get them and what do they wear underneath?

I think you have it spot on. I try to ride three times per week, all in dunes and rocky desert with one ride being at least 6-12 hours. Its awesome having desert only 25 minutes from home!

Its also hairy because I have to do most of my riding solo except on Saturdays. Not many riding types out here want to get out during the week.

I find this helps my arms the most. What I have found helps is to take a 15 lbs weight and in the sitting position rest my lower arm along the length of my thigh with wrist overhanging my knee, palm facing upwards. Lift the weight vertically up using only your wrist. You can turn your wrist around and do it the other way. The trick is to keep your elbow down on your thigh at all times. Also practice on a climbing wall will really help your forearms.

I dont have any ideas on the quads, Ive been taking it easy because I popped a exterior knee ligament about two weeks ago trying to do a hillclimb. I have to slowly start again from scratch.
that's awesome and im super jealous!! If i had dunes that close I would go at least twice a week. As it is, I go week and weeks between riding off road at all - which I know is really holding back my riding but what can I do?
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote