View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #100
ThirdCoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels
I have just been able to confirm the fit with Adv-Spec bars;

As for the Top Rack Motoriley we are still working on it. Glad to hear it's spring like already there! It certainly is here too.

The side RotoPax mount puts a lot more stress into the rack than one might think...especially off-road. So we are working with different reinforcement methods to see which works the best for production/price etc.

It will have the side mount capability but I am curious to hear how many riders out there really want to run the side mount?

The Givi mounting like I said before is it's difficult to get the mounts in the best position so there is a bit more room two-up. It is doable two-up now just a little tight with the E36 box. I am not sure how the other boxes compare.
Doing a Pelican with I believe the Caribou mount kit would be ideal cause you could place it right where you want it.

Is two-up a big priority for everyone?

In any case we are working hard to get the F800 GS Top Rack done ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave
Great Product you have here. I am interested in the Givi mount option and don't need two up space for that, not on this bike anyway. Have a bigger bike for that type of riding.

I like the RotoPax mount on the top rack when you need them, I wouldn't use them as a side mount. I might strap a soft bag on top of the RotoPax for off road riding.

I just found this thread and very interested in this product. Where do I sign.