View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #86
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,515
so on from Prevelly, i ducked into Margaret River...home of the 'over the top winery', no photos of the town as the place was chocablock with people and after nearly getting taken out twice trying to get fuel, i just wanted out of there as quick as i could....

continued up the coast to Dunsborough, and being hot n sweaty, decided a late arvo swim was in order... rode a
little out of town towards the lighthouse and found a nice spot....

lots of people there, but no wind for a change as the headland sheltered it...

was just packin bike up to leave when i hear a 'hello stranger'... kinda glance up to see who is talkin to who....and theres the chick from Pemberton , she said she had a feeling she'd see me again on the bus this morning... anyway after another half hour chat her lift was going so she gave me her number incase i was changed my mind about heading for Bunbury tonight and stayed in Dunsborough instead...

so off she went...

next thing i hear... 'hey nice bike'.... look up to see 2 girls in bikinis

sat on the grass and chatted for another hour.... (turns out one of the girls was from Darwin and knew a few of my mates from up there...) so anyway, the day was getting away, and after getting offered a place to stay in Fremantle next week after she gets back form this trip, i headed off (after getting the front wheel off the ground to avoid being taken out in the carpark by some over excited grey nomads in an urvan)

headed out to the lighthouse...

by now it was closed

was about to leave when 2 irish lasses rock up and ask if its still open... nope... after another half hour of chatting (and another offer of 'hey come down to margaret river with us, we have ahouse there, we'll show you around etc ) it was time to try and get out of here...

quick poke around Dunsborough...

a bit of dwelling on where to go (ride, or, um...stay here )

anyway, i needed to be in Perth for my 10k service monday morning, and wanted to get the bike in on Saturday so i didnt have to worry about it over the weekend in Perth.. today was friday....

it was getting late....off i headed...

had a blown headlight, so only made it as far as Bussleton (about 40km)

had a look around to try find somewhere to stay..

not much luck..

nice jetty but....

anyway, found the dodgiest backpackers, and paid way too much for way too little...

contemplated riding the 40km back to Dunsborough..... but didnt...

next day was an early start so i could get to Perth (250km), find accomodation for the weekend and then drop off bike before 11:30am.....

GoneAgain screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 03:57 AM
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote