View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
AusieRob
Just Gas It!!

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4 Pilot
I'm gonna get some hard cases, 'cause I need 'em for some upcoming trips.

I've narrowed it down to two brands, and three possibilities:

1. Two 35L Zega cases (KTM Hardparts version) & brackets
2. Two "Baja" 26L Moto-Sport cases & brackets
3. Two "Bavarian" 37L Moto-Sport cases & brackets.

My desire is to have decent volume with minimal width. Both manufacturers appear to make beautiful cases, and the prices are fairly comparable with a slight value nod going to Moto-Sport. I like the streamlined look of the Baja cases, but fear they might be a tad small for practicality. If anyone has experience with any of these three choices for a KTM 640 Adventure, I'd sure lik eto hear about what you like and dislike.
Gi'day Anthony,
I'm on the same quest but I have the TT (Zega) bracket already. The Moto-Sports are nice with insert an all but $$ and I'd F around fitting the TT mounts etc. Looked at the pelican option price is great but really prefer top loading. Found these http://www.klr650.com/alTourBox.htm which are cheap <$300/ pair including shipping but don't know anything about them (quality, finish etc). At the end of the day the Zega's will be my the best function/quality fit for me. Local dealer does a pair for $598, Munns $542 plus shipping (guessing that works out to be about the same price). I'm still looking for cheaper options but time is running out on me. Need them for Baja trip in 3 weeks (YeeHaaa) so I'll have to "pony up" the cash soon. Anyone out there want to sell me a pair of Zegas? Cheap!

Cheers

"Locusts...." :uhhuh

AusieRob screwed with this post 02-13-2005 at 10:35 PM
AusieRob is offline   Reply With Quote