View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #294
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaler
Are you the only Canadian riding Mongolia this year? Looks like the contingent died out pretty quick after 2 or 3 guys per year. I thought Hacking put together a deal for bike rentals and tours over there?

I looked at Mongolia as well...in fact was planning on it...before I decided it just wasn't technical enough for my liking and switching to the Tuareg last year.
As far as I know right now yes, but when the KTM Tour Mongolia guy talked to the organizers about cutting us a break on entry fees they claimed 2 other Canadians had already agreed to the cost. I haven't been able to find any sign of them here?

Lawrence has been working on deals and he's the organizers north america rep. I've been talking to the guy with bkes and there are a couple of options, none cheap but that's no surprise.

A couple of guys from the US are interested too, I'll be seeing them in April at the Rally PA session in Nevada to talk more on the topic-rent or ship?

As for technical, this is my first so I'm looking for easy terrain and time to work on navigating, not to mention lots of scenery!

I'm waiting to talk to Bob about the Tuareg when he gets back from it this year.
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote