View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #18
Q500
velvet hammer

Oddometer: 177
Drink a few more beers and you will soon figure out perpetual motion at this rate. A good strong opinion about things you don't know is good entertainment at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider911
Claiming this is a "non issue" is like saying pregnacy is a non issue.

If you plan on riding some narly tracks you will find the Rekluse amazing, however a stall during the assent of a hill will mean that 200kg will pick up alot of momentum rolling backwards with the front brake able to do very little. To say your bike will never stall......well I dont live in that world.

Like someone else said if you arent planning anything but dirt roads you dont need one anyway and it would just be a waste of money.

I have replaced my clutch lever as an additional rear brake. You will never use your clutch again anyway. (not unless you plan on racing it) Rekluse make a kit for most dirt bikes but im not sure about 990s (i made my own). You will need to modify the ABS if you have it and you should do that regardless if your going to ride mainly dirt. I can tell you how to do it if your interested.

And Im not sure of the science behind easier wheelies, is that got anything to do with global warming or just the same scientist?