Thread: Tasmania Loop
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
maccajim OP
Holding the Awesome

Oddometer: 550
Cabin on the ferry not bad everything i needed.

There are a few decks and outside spots but the ferry is best described as a floating RSL with bars and even pokies which are gambling machines for wasting time. There was even entertainment with a singer and karaoke from the crowd please get me off this boat.

The ferry wasn't that bad I met the 2 Tassie BMW riders that went over some maps with me and told me some good roads and camp spots to try out thanks very much guys!

Finally I arrived in Tasmania and it was raining so don all the rain gear and head out of town to Scotsdale
heading to the east coast the road is great very twisty my first view point.

The view

Constant rain so i headed into town and got a dodgy 70's style room to wait out the rain it just hangs
in the air and is very hard to see the road

My place for the night at the back of a pub cheap but dry

I met with some discrimination i this town big signs saying no thongs or ugg boots allowed in the Bistro so i had to splurge on some
appropriate footwear, dunlop volleys.

Next morning i headed to the coast and found this beach where they train trotting horses it seems
very popular here, the weather was still raining as you can see.

I then found this road very nice and heaps of fun the rain means no dust and surprisingly not slippery
perfect riding conditions.

Very fun road only saw 3 cars

The pub in the paddock very touristy as i got here on the weekend, the pig having a nap

The North East coast Bay of Fires very beautiful and the weather cleared up a bit as well.

It is basically these rocks with a red lichen covering them but when you combine the colors and the views they are
spectacular.

Down some dirt roads you come to beaches like this and they let you camp for free whynot.

Keep going north and you get this view crystal clear water and spectacular views of the ocean along entire strip of road.

Great place to stop for a beer.

around about here
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...=12,89.07,,0,5

This is the road that gets you there a tiny strip like a goat cart track takes you right next to the beach with lots of twists and turns
great views along the entire road.

maccajim screwed with this post 03-28-2010 at 05:58 PM
maccajim is offline   Reply With Quote