View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #38
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakibill
Hi All, Was looking to take this trip and got all excited. I was checking out the BLM site for Tumey Hills and was Gobsmacked to see it closed to "street legal" motorcylcle due to "erosion concerns" Argh! Another road taken from us by the... I won't go there.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/holli...gulations.html

Vehicle Restrictions: Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) use is allowed only in the Clear Creek Management Area. The Panoche, Tumey, and Ciervo hills are closed to motorcycles (street legal included) and ATV's because of erosion concerns. There is an emergency vehicle closure in effect for the Joaquin Ridge area - visitors traveling there must leave their vehicles at the gate at Wright Mountain, located at the eastern edge of the Clear Creek Management Area, and then hike the four to five to the Joaquin Rocks.

..... Edit.. I'll give them a call in the morning and see what is up... they may be just talking about off road use only.
That was last updated over 11 years ago. Clear Creek has been closed to OHV for almost 2 years now. According to the BLM, only street-legal vehicles can enter the Tumey/Panoche Hills areas, and our motorcycles are street legal, so...

WoodsChick