View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #52
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,176
BLM Rules

I spoke with Rick Cooper, field manager for the BLM Hollister office on the phone. He said he would email me once he spoke with his LEO on a detail, and I will post that when received. But he told me over the phone that any vehicle with a highway license plate may enter Panoche and Tumey Hills (outside of fire season of course) and may use any of their open roads (green lines). Plated motorcycles are allowed to use the open roads, just like every other licensed vehicle.

It should go without saying but here: any driver, either 2 or 4-wheeled, caught by one of their three LEOs anywhere else in their reserves will be ticketed. Roads not marked as open (green lines or signed) are closed and therefore off limits. There has been alot of damage by OHV (probably not just dirt bikes either) over the years and so some of these areas have been closed to all vehicles because of it. So leaving open roads is a good way to get these areas closed for all - a good way to piss off the hunters. You know the people with guns.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote