View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 AM   #54
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,111
(cursing)

I found the message this morning, considered marking it as unread, and reopening it on Sunday... but I can't do that to y'all. I hear the ticket is steep and a ranger would likely write up anyone on a motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM
Subject: Re: Panoche/Tumey Hills Rules
To: meat popsicle
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:16:58 -0700

Mr. Popsicle

Upon review of the 2007 Hollister Resource Management Plan, I must correct my statement to you over the phone. The Panoche and Tumey's are closed to motorcycle travel. This is carryover from the 1984 RMP which closed the area to motorcycle use.

2007 RMP Transportation Decision.

TRANS-COM5. Limit vehicle use in the Panoche/Tumey and Griswold Hills to four-wheel drive street legal vehicles on designated routes from the beginning of upland game season to April 15. Allow foot access all year round.

Please call if you have question. Sorry for the confusion. We will update our signs in the area for the public. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Rick Cooper
Field Manager
Hollister Field Office
20 Hamilton Court
Hollister, CA 95023
phone: (831) 630-5010]
So, that is that - my apologies everyone; but in my defense I was led astray twice by the BLM employees. I may try to fight it, but that won't do anything for this weekend, so:

CHANGE OF PLANS? I have a buddy who still needs an adventure and the next closest place is the Carrizo Plain. Yes, its open to motorcycles.

The Carrizo is south of Coalinga and is more like a 4 hr trip (on the fun roads) to reach it. That means it is more like a two-nighter, or a long day-trip for those a bit closer (Bob :) ). Last time I was there:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390167
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote