View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #64
tigerboy
Tight as a Tiger

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ernie
That one always bothred me. As a person growing up in big cities, I never saw a dirt bike and certainly never heard of anywhere to ride one. Maybe things are different now, but if you live in a city- not everyone can afford a dirt bike AND a pick-up.
As a city slicker for the first 30 years of my life, more or less, I naturally thought the same thing. If I could do it over, I would have gotten out of the city, and taken a dirt bike school, then back home, gotten a light street legal dual sport like a XT225 or CR230 and learned the limits of a bike (most cities have rough areas to practise in), then graduate to a Motard (bike I NOW own).

Anyway, that's my advice to someone who wants to learn how to ride but hasn't yet sat on a bike, and what I'd do if I could do it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-A-M-O-N
DONT crash your bike.

It seems stupid but some people specially in cars seems to not care if they risk a turn and crash their vehicle. In a bike it is very important to be extra carefull because any crash could mean a serious injury wether you are wearing gear or not.
Well, ain't that the truth. This is why so many people are not paying attention when they drive, on the phone or texting. They figure the 6000 lbs of steel surrounding them are their safety factor. We don't have that, so we have to watch out for those nuts.

Tigerboy.com
tigerboy is offline   Reply With Quote