View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #80
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
PS Rick Cooper is the one that is responible (when it was open and he has since closed) for clear creek fees..

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/E7-12412.htm

I would not trust him as far as I could throw him and im sure hes fat..
Yes, the same guy that enacted fees to enter Clear Creek...less than one year before closing it...then spent zillions of tax-payer dollars building a decontamination station that, if he has his way, no one will ever use

The soulless bastard isn't fat. This is the guy right here...

The BLM brought this guy to the Hollister Field Office and he's already managed to close 2 legal riding areas, Kettleman Hills and Clear Creek, and it looks like he will be at the helm when street-legal motorcycles are officially booted out of Tumey/Panoche as well. This is also the guy that we will expect to go to bat for us when the busybodies at PEER decide to cut their losses at Carnegie and go after Hollister instead. He is bad news.

I have a really hard time believing that street-legal motorcycles can be legally banned from entering public lands, especially on the grounds that BLM is of the opinion that dirtbikes are tearing up the land. I just don't think this can be right. This might be a good time for the AMA to prove they are anything other than useless by stepping in to right an egregious wrong and end the discrimination. I will not be holding my breath.

ReallyAngryChick