View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
tele-steve OP
ya' mon

Oddometer: 265
whoow, ya... uh, I should finish this....

We headed towards Red Rock Pass on the Montana and Idaho border.

Flag Ranch Road was still snowed in with heavy damage from the spring run off, so we hightailed it through Victor, Driggs, Teton Pass, and down into Wilson. We stopped at the Cowboy Bar and quickly pulled down several adult beverages before getting a hold of my buddy we were going to stay with that night.

My friend in Jackson had just gotten from his wife. They were only married for 6 months and he was having a rough time with it all. The ski shop hired him back and let him crash in the employee apartment/locker room/storage unit. The downside was that he had to share the space with 20+ other ski shop employees during the day. The plus side is that if you stretch your arms out you can touch the door to the apartment as well as the door to the Mangy Moose. Needless to say, we did not venture very far that night.

The next morning, we headed north to Togette Pass past the grand mountains of the Teton Range.

We headed up and over Union Pass and dropped in along the Green River and the Wind River Range headed towards Pinedale.

tele-steve is offline   Reply With Quote