View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #37
ganshert OP
not sleeping

Oddometer: 7,920
Ok, got some work done on Sunday.

EE radiator guards. The instructions say to remove the radiators but you don't need to. Also you have to trim the top 2 inches off the throttle cable guide. That doesn't seem to be a problem but I'll let you know if it is. The guards seem VERY stout and as you can see you can still use the stock plastic spoilers / front protectors. Those might need to come out if I have heating issues since I don't yet have a fan mounted. I hope I can make a fan fit with the EE guards.

Uh Oh note Be careful with the fasteners that hold the radiators on. The stock ones are short self tapping screws. You use the longer M6 regular thread bolts from EE to make up for the thickness of the guards. The longer ones bottomed out on the left side so I had to put a washer under the head to effectively reduce the bolt length a mm or so. If you try to tighten them down hard w/o a washer you will twist the bolt off resulting in a bad day best case and some frame welding worst case.

14T countershaft sprocket

52T Ironman sprocket from Dirt Tricks

raised the computer and am working on mounting a fuse box to power GPS and road book

Removing the tank was easier than I thought it would be. The subframe will be a lot easier to put back on with the tank off so I'll do it that way next time.

ganshert screwed with this post 04-05-2010 at 07:50 AM
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote