View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #39
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 623
Cocealex 60CSX case

Stovebolt:

Excellent product! Had some problems getting the unit delivered, but that was the Postal Service! Stovebolt shipped it next day air UPS so I could use the unit in Death Valley! He trusted me to get him the funds, for the UPS fee and it arrived the day befor my trip! Thanks Stovey!

If your thinking of using any mounting system to mount a 60 series Garmin, get this case! It works incredibly well! It survived 1200 miles of insane DV riding! We had numerous product failures on the bikes. Aux tanks cracking, lost lights, missing horns, broken racks, broken skidplates,etc, etc.
The nicest feature of the concealex case: Take the GPS off the bike, with the case attached, and drop the unit in the gravel! Duh! The garmin is still protected! Try that withe the TT or other plastic mounts, its not going to happen! Easy to keep the unit inside the tent, hotel etc. The ram mount take all of ten seconds to undo! Take it inside for lunch! Set up the route plan for the after noon instead of the hot sun!
Thanks for such a great product! I only have a small pic w/ the unit mounted! Good pic of the bike! not so good of the product! I'll post a few pic in the next few days!
Later,
PIGPEN

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote