View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #80
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by atk_nut
Awsome r&r!
Looks like you are doing a similar rout as us but we didn't have as much time.The mountains are just as beautiful as the coast and it was where we cooled off our sun burns. There are alot of hot springs and caves in the mountains that aren't in that stupid Lonely Planet book.Ask around.Also,watch out for that oil.It'll make the bike hard to start in the morning,especially around Durango.It must be easier knowing spanish there.We only knew a few words and it was hard at times.Don't forget hwy 40!! It's a must!
Wishing we were there still
atk_nut family
I'm digging the mountains atk_nut. The heat down on the coasts was getting to me. I just had my oil changed again, because of the viscosity issue up here at higher elevations. I rode rt. 40 last year and enjoyed it. I just rode a smaller route between Ciudad Hidalgo and Morelia which was perhaps my favorite road here in Mexico. It was only 80 km, but it was 80 km of perfectly cambered curves, and no diminishing radius curves at that along the mountain ridge and the climb up and down. Plus, no traffic at all! Awesome ride!
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote