Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
airborndad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,480
Nevada hitting the dirt

Joel getting some pictures

Cool sidecar

Nicomama hitting the dirt for the First time ever

Edit : BTW this next road was part of the SCORE Nevada 500 race course back in 94 or 95 when I finally realized that it was
I went to catch up to Justin to tell him there's some nasty dipps in this road But I couldn't catch him

Just before these next 2 pictures I was following Justin when I saw him launch sideways into the air
I thought for sure he was going to crash but amazingly he pulled it off and was back on the gas like it was no big deal
when I got close to what he hit I thought oh no this is going to get someone so I raised my arm in the air to signal the 1200 BMW behind me to slow down
At this point I was going Half the speed Justin was when he hit it but it still launched me about 1-1/2' in the air there were a few more of those but that was the worst of them

Justin First time riding in Nevada (photo by H8Chains)

Me (photo by H8Chains)

Amazingly while we were waiting there Huell Howser showed up and he was amazed we were riding through such an amazing desert on these amazing machines

We were there for a while so after the dust trails settle someone went back to see where the missing Ural and HP2 were turns out the HP2 had a flat and they would meet us in Beatty so we agreed we would stop for lunch at the Ensenada Grill
then we all hit the pavement towards Beatty apparetly all but one Sopascat / Cathy had ran out of gas so I gave one of my 30 oz MSR bottles to someone ( can't remember who, help me out folks) and they ran it out to her

Lunch in Beatty (photo by H8Chains)

We had a great lunch, me and Justin both had delicious Bacon Avacado Cheeseburgers although some people had some really good looking food sitting in front of them
I was secretly wishing I had ordered the grilled fajitas but nevertheless was very pleased with the burgers and the service at
The Ensenada Grill
Ensenada Grill

600 E Hwy 95 N
Beatty, NV 89003

(775) 553-2600

Definately worth stopping for next time we end up in Beatty

Next up Titus Canyon

airborndad screwed with this post 04-09-2010 at 08:01 PM
airborndad is online now   Reply With Quote