View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #83
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Cuernavaca to Morelia

The ride started out with an excellent ride over the mountains from Tres Marias to Atlacomulco. This was a ride on twisties through tall, cool. Sunlight-speckled forests. As I descended the west side of the continental divide, the terrain reminded me of riding through a summerís day in the Rocky Mountains. No pics from that section. Lots of scenic towns on the way.

I made a quick detour off the cuota to this little town.

Then I had to circumnavigate the traffic around Toluca before beginning a cuota marathon enroute to Morelia. Eventually I tired of the cuotas and jumped off at Maravatio and made a quick stop at the town plaza which was bounded by a lovely canopy of shade trees.

Then I headed south to Ciudad Hidalgo, but didnít stop, heading East toward Morelia on the libre. This may be my favorite section of road to ride in Mexico. Itís about 80 km of perfectly cambered twisties, and no weird, changing radius curves. Youíre riding along the mountaintop for a good stretch before beginning the descent to the valley below.

Watch out for drywall nails and dead animals when you pull over to take pictures

Outstanding views on this section from Ciudad Hidalgo to Morelia

View up the street from the hotel to the plaza

miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote