View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
Chuckanut OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastMan
But let me blunt. Why the hell are you asking this group about your concerns about Type II diabetes? .... And though there are a lot of smart people around these parts, they cannot possibly understand the level of your disease, the causes, and your medication. Talk to an endocrinologist (who's not me) in person. He will advise you correctly.
Yikes, chill out, dude. I wasn't asking for treatment information, I have my doctor, my endocrinologist, and my nutritionist for that, and I've been successfully gotten things under control over the last 6 months.

What I was asking was about practical aspects of diabetes and motorcycle trips. The comment about keeping my Levemir pen cold was just the sort of thing I was hoping for - here in the Northwet that's never a problem and I wouldn't have ever thought of it, but now I know it's something to prepare for.

As someone relatively new to the disease and new to long motorcycle tours, I just want to be prepared. And this forum is a great place for practical advice. Medical advice I go elsewhere for.

Tom

Something deep and witty goes here.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote