View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
The roads had been great for the most but had started to dry out later in the day and dust became a big factor. And then, like a horse galloping back to the stable, the boys start heading home and turned on the pace. MB is leading and at one stage Sol is sitting in 2nd place and I'm sitting one out and one back. Then I spied my chance.....there was a mud hole ahead and Sol opened the gate for me and I surged ahead to try and cover him in mud. Didn't quite work though but the laughter inside my helmet was warming. Then disaster, the KTM Gods had taken over and the rear tyre on the DR deflated suddenly. A couple of others stopped and we ripped off the wheel and went about changing the tube on one of those bloody DR rears - they are terrible. My car tyre iron and compressor came in handy and the first aid kit even supplied a band aid for the finger I punctured too. Mind you, the assistance was greatly appreciated as I started to run out of puff trying to be super quick with the repair.....thanks guys...
Trev, I heard you coming along side of me so I gave the 690's throttle a blast & instantly took off at a fair rate of knots with the front wheel lofted through the muddy puddle.....you weren't in for a chance mate...
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote