View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #105
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,569
well, ok, since no one guessed (or even attempted to guess ) i'll just go right ahead and tell you what happened next.....

well, i finished that last post about 10am on the Thursday morning, the day before Good Friday...

45 mins later, i jumped on the bike and rode north east from Adelaide... i was due to meet Phil (Philmeup) at Renmark at 1pm... 250kms away... i left home about 10:45am...

fuelled up at a servo and texted Phil that i was running 30 mins late...

got every red light out of Adelaide and then had roadworks pretty much non stop for the first 50kms...

pulled in 'somewhere' and text Phil that i'd be an hour late...

finally got a bit of speed going and made some miles up... stopped at Bamera to check phone to see if Phil was perhaps bored and heading out this way to meet me... and had a text from him that he was running late and asking 'did i bring a shovel'.....

(Phil was staying in Mildura the night before, getting a change of tyres > and heading the 150km across to Renmark, via some dirt.... )

turned out he got 'bogged' and only got to renmark 3 mins before me

so we had some lunch and a catchup, went and fuelled up, grabbed some beers for 'later'.... and headed off out onto that shitty bloody road to Wentworth...

but we turned left (north) before we got to the real bad bit of that shitty bloody road to Wentworth....

and into Dangalli Conservation Park..

the first 10km was fairly sandy, but after that, the track hardened up a lot..

stopped for a bit of 'fun' at one of the dams...

then back out onto the tracks for some nice high speed fun..

Phil gives the track the thumbs up!

didnt see any traces of the mud Phil had found that morning on the other side of the Murray River....pretty dry up here...

anyway we had (in the end) made good time, even after a late start, and decide to set camp and have a couple of beers... seemed like a good spot...

camp was set, the sun started to drop...

chains copped an oiling, the beers started, the sun set...

we had some dinner and an early night as we had some 600kms of dirt to cover tomorrow

GoneAgain screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 05:23 AM
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote